Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

We went to a little Easter egg hunt on Connor's
birthday. Our town is pretty small, so I didn't
expect a lot of people to be there. Well, I pull up to
the fields and see HUNDREDS of people waiting.
I get Connor out of the car and the wind is blowing
so hard we can barely walk. As we are about half way
across the parking lot, I hear them blow the horn for
the hunt to start! We were at least ten minutes early,
so I was totally caught off guard and had to swoop
Connor up and start running. We get there, his little
age group "area" is totally packed, and there are no
eggs to be seen. I pushed towards the back and we found
just TWO eggs on the ground. As I'm yelling to Connor "Hurry!
Grab the eggs!!" Chris finds us (he met us there) and
got a quick picture. The whole thing was over in about 60
seconds, but Connor still had fun and was so happy to have a
basket of eggs. There was a nice little boy who shared some
of his eggs with Connor:) At least we did it, right??!


Findin' eggs


Look Dad!


Mommy and Connor


The three of us after "The Hunt"!


Watching baseball afterwards



1 comment:

Chapmans said...

It made me laugh out loud to picture you picking him up and running to get some eggs! Sounds like fun!!