Friday, November 7, 2008

Homemade Applesauce

I needed a fruit dish for my MOPS group and I wanted
to try something different, so I made an attempt at homemade
applesauce. It turned out great and was pretty easy to do.
Peeling the apples was the hardest part. It's a fun, festive
fall treat, so I thought I'd share the recipe. Hope you give it
a try!!


8-10 apples, cored and chunked.
*I peeled all but a few. I don't like the skins that
much, but if you leave some of the darker ones
on, it gives a nice color. Use a variety of apples
for the best flavor.
1/2 C. water
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 C. sugar, white and/or brown
*I used both
Cook in crockpot, on low, approx. 8 hrs.


Ready to cook


After about an hour. Even at this stage they would
be a yummy treat/topping.


The finished product! Yum!


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That looks yummy! Thanks for sharing! I will have to try it.

Rosanne said...

It looks so good! I wish I could smell it through the computer, because I bet the smell while it was cooking was to die for too. :) I'll have to try it out - thanks for the recipe.