Monday, July 26, 2010

Where Do I Even Begin!!!

I just can't believe my last post was for Connor's Birthday in April. I am partially blaming my lack of blogging on our computer ;) It was having a lot of problems, and we have since gotten a new one. I am overwhelmed by the amount of posts I need to do to catch up, so I am just starting with the pictures we have on our new computer. I hate to leave so much out, but I think it's the only way!!! Trust me, you'll be exhausted just looking at the part I am going to post.

So much has happened since April! We have had a fun summer with lots and lots of travels. I think that is all we did in May and June. We went to Flagstaff to watch Chris's brother, Scott graduate as a Physical Therapist; Chris and Connor attempted their first "boys only" camping trip, but had to come home in the night because of rain and freezing cold temperatures; we went to Evergreen for Memorial Day, where Chris and Laura ran the Bolder Boulder 10K!! They both did great and we are proud of them for taking it on!

That trip will also always hold a special place in our hearts because it was the last visit we had with my Grandpa Budd. He passed away suddenly of a heart attack on June 9th. It is still hard to believe he is gone and we will miss him so very, very much. He wanted a celebration instead of a funeral, so we did just that.

Somewhere in the mix, the kids and I met my Mom, her sister (my Aunt Pam), my Uncle Chris and my cousin, Angelina in Glenwood Springs to go to the Hot Springs pool. Meanwhile, my amazing husband was hiking to Havasupai, a waterfall in the Grand Canyon! Yes, that Grand Canyon. It was the trip of a lifetime for him.

The other BIG trip we took in June was to Phoenix to celebrate Father's Day and Chris's Dad turning 65!! It was great to be with his family and our two little nieces. We drove down to Tucson, stopped by the U of A bookstore, the Pima Air and Space Museum, Kartchner Caverns, and even all the way to Tombstone. It was all very interesting and I am sad to leave those pictures out.

The kids are doing great. Cora just turned 10 months. She is crawling and pulling herself up to standing. I know she will be walking soon. She started waving and saying Bye Bye the other day.

Connor is still 110% boy and we love him for that. He is learning to deal with Cora being in his space all the time too. We are excited for him to start preschool in August... and I mean that in the best way possible ;)

So here it goes... you might want to grab a snack... this is a loooonnnggg update:)

1 comment:

Rosanne said...

Thanks for sharing all your fun summer pics! I know the feeling about posting - I'm so behind as well. Soon, I'll have something similar to your posts...a lot of catching up to do! ;) Your kids are getting so big and they are just beautiful (oh...I mean Connor is handsome! hehe). You guys are just awesome!