Monday, September 29, 2008

Connor's Big Boo-Boo

So, Friday night we were getting ready to head out
to our towns Fall Festival. Connor and I were getting
ready in the bathroom. He slipped/tripped on the rug
right behind me, fell, and was crying. At first I thought
it was just another one of his MANY falls, but after a few
seconds, I knew there was something else going on. Chris
called one of the doctors he works with, and he said he'd
be over to look at him soon. While we were waiting, we
got Connor settled down and gave him some Motrin, but
he still would not put any weight on his leg. When Dr.
Mitch called again, we told him that, and he said to just
meet him at the the hospital for an x-ray. So we did, and
much to our disbelief, Connor had a BROKEN LEG!!!! He
had fractured his tibia (shin bone) about 1/3 of the way
up from his ankle. We were in total shock. We took him
to the clinic and Dr. Mitch put a full leg, yes full leg, cast
on him. He'll have to wear that for about 3 weeks and then
a cast up to his knee for 2-3 more weeks. POOR GUY!!! For
an extremely active 18 month old, this has got to be so
frustrating to him. He has been such a trooper through it
all, and his spirits are not down at all. He's figuring out how
to get around a little by crawling and just sort of dragging it
along. It is very sad:( So please keep Connor in your prayers
and believe for a speedy recovery. We'll keep you updated:)



On the way home from the hospital.

5 comments:

Rosanne said...

That is sooooo sad. I almost started to cry. I even just showed a co-worked and she teared up. (She loves little kids...yes, even ones she doesn't know. hehe) Or course we'll keep him in our prayers for a speedy recovery. Glad his spirits are up. How are YOU doing? I would be a wreck! Hang in there! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh My GOSH! I can't believe it! How scary! I have showed the picture to everyone here! We are all so sad for the poor little guy. Well, he will have a great story to tell one day. Wish I could sign his cast. lol Miss you guys. Praying for Connor =)

Jennifer said...

I am sooo sorry. At frist when you started the story, this is not how I imagined it ending. I can not even imagine an 18 month old not being able to move around. How frustrating for him. Give the little guy loves. We are thinking of you and miss you guys!

The Casseday Clan said...

I feel so bad for little Connor. I bet he was hurting pretty bad, but what a trooper. I can just picture him trying to walk with that thing. I guess since it happened now, he won't remember it. Poor thing. We'll keep all of you in our prayers.

The Spencers said...

Poor Poor Connor! We are so sad we missed seeing y'all! Give him our love!!